Juvéderm May Be the Solution for You
Juvéderm™ is the #1 doctor recommended facial filler in Canada and North America. It is a smooth, replenishing injectable gel filler that your cosmetic doctor uses to refresh your appearance by smoothing away unwanted lines and bringing back the natural contours of your face.
The exclusive formulation of Juvéderm™ uses hyaluronic acid (HA), a naturally-occurring sugar found in your body. It combines with the water in your skin to instantly smooth lines and wrinkles, enhance lips, and restore lost volume to the cheeks and jaw-line. In fact, hyaluronic acid facial fillers can even naturally stimulate collagen production in your skin.
The History of Hyaluronic Acid
In the 1930s, researchers discovered a natural substance in the body that they named hyaluronic acid. They found that it played a key role in numerous areas of the body including the maintenance of skin volume and hydration. In the early 2000′s, Health Canada and the US Food and Drug Administration approved the first hyaluronic acid facial filler for the correction of facial wrinkles and folds. In 2004 Heath Canada approved Juvéderm™. Today, hyaluronic acid-based facial fillers are the fastest growing non-invasive aesthetic procedure in North America.
Juvéderm™ is made of hyaluronic acid, which occurs naturally in the body and retains water under the skin to smooth away lines, restore lost volume and maintain skin hydration. In fact, hyaluronic acid can absorb more than 1,000 times its weight – acting like a super sponge under your skin. As the skin ages and is exposed to environmental pollutants and ultraviolet rays, the cells lose the ability to produce hyaluronic acid. As a result, the skin begins to lose volume, often resulting in the formation of facial wrinkles and folds.
Juvéderm™ achieves facial rejuvenation by replacing hyaluronic acid lost over time, smoothing lines, restoring lost skin volume, and keeping your skin hydrated. Best of all, the results are instantaneous, look natural, and last up to a year* with no downtime.
How It Works
Skin rejuvenation treatments with Juvéderm™ are quick, simple, comfortable, and non-surgical. The procedure will have you looking and feeling instantly refreshed. The treatment administered by your cosmetic doctor involves subtle and strategically placed Juvéderm™ injections under the skin to restore and boost individual facial features.
It will add volume and definition to facial features while keeping your appearance looking natural, symmetrical, and well-balanced. Whether you are interested in enhancing facial features or refreshing and rejuvenating your appearance, Juvéderm™ can be used to:
• Soften smile lines
• Restore lost fullness in your cheeks
• Enhance lips
• Contour your jaw line
The treatment is comfortable thanks to the patented formulation of Juvéderm™ XC (extra comfort) that includes lidocaine – a localized pain reliever. After the treatment, the appearance of lines on your face will be reduced, your lips will appear fuller and more defined, and your cheeks plump. You will leave looking naturally refreshed – so that everyone will notice, but no one will know!
Depending on what you want to accomplish, this simple treatment can be used for many different purposes. It can be used as a wrinkle filler, reducing the appearance of wrinkles and creases. It can also be used to restore volume in the cheeks and chin area and to enhance features such as lips and cheeks.
Refresh and Rejuvenate
Juvéderm™ can instantly refresh and rejuvenate your appearance by smoothing unwanted lines, restoring natural contours and replacing lost cheek volume. Juvéderm™ is placed beneath wrinkles and folds to ‘fill in’ or ‘plump up’ the depression. The most appropriate lines to treat with Juvéderm™ are those that are described as static lines you can see when your face is not moving (like smile lines). The most commonly treated areas include smile lines (or nasolabial folds), mouth lines (or marionette lines), smoker lines (or vertical lip lines), cheeks or chin.
Juvéderm™ injections can also be used as facial fillers to enhance some of your facial features, such as lips and cheeks. With subtle and strategically-placed injections, Juvéderm™ will contour and define lips and cheeks, at the same time keeping your appearance natural-looking, symmetrical and well-balanced.
Why Choose Juvéderm?
Juvéderm™ is a safe and effective nonsurgical option for refreshing your appearance. Currently, there are several varieties of facial fillers on the market, but the patented formulation in Juvéderm™ offers you the following facial rejuvenation benefits:
• Smooth, natural looking results. Juvéderm™ contains a smooth consistency gel. Unlike other hyaluronic acid (HA) facial fillers made of granular bead-like gels, the smooth formulation of Juvéderm™ provides results that look and feel very natural.
• Clinically proven to last up to a year with a single treatment.*
• Comfortable treatment experience. Juvéderm™ XC (Extra Comfort) contains lidocaine – an effective localized pain reliever. This formulation provides an injection experience that is gentle and comfortable, so you can feel good during and after treatment.
• Immediate results. Juvéderm™ provides an instant improvement in the areas treated. Most patients require only one treatment to achieve optimal wrinkle smoothing or volume enhancement.
• Quick and easy procedure. Unlike a face lift, Juvéderm™ is a non-surgical, healthcare professional-administered treatment that can generally be performed in only 15 to 60 minutes (depending on the areas treated) with minimal recovery or downtime.
• Reversible and biodegradable. A further advantage of Juvéderm™ is that the treatment is reversible. If you don’t like the results, you can return to your pre-filler appearance. HA fillers are biodegradable, meaning the gel breaks down over time and disappears, unnoticed, from your body.
• Proven safe and effective. Juvéderm™ has been approved by Health Canada and is also the first HA facial filler that has demonstrated effectiveness in persons of colour.
• Applies to Juvéderm™ Ultra and Juvéderm™ Ultra Plus